Water Industry Operators Association Conference
June 3 - June 5
About the Water Industry Operators Association of Australia (WIOA)
WIOA is an Incorporated Association and invites Membership from any persons responsible for carrying out the whole, or part operation and maintenance of any facet of the Water Industry. Members may be derived from the Private or Public Sector.
WIOA’s Constitution has a number of key objectives including:
- Promoting standards of education and training to ensure efficiency and competency of members
- Preservation of clean waterways and protection of Public Health and the environment
- Accumulation and distribution of information on all aspects of the Water Industry
WIOA has close ties with the following Water Industry bodies:
- Various State Government Department in Victoria, Queensland & NSW
- Australian Industry Standards and their Water Industry Reference Committee
- Various Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) in all Australian States
- Australian Water Association (AWA)
- Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA)
- Queensland Water Directorate (qldwater)
- NSW Water Directorate
- Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)
- Water Research Australia (WaterRA)
- Various trade and consulting companies supplying equipment and services to the industry
The Association organises and funds a variety of Member seminars to meet the objective of continually upgrading knowledge. These seminars are informative and topical given the ongoing changes to the structure of, and technologies employed in, the water industry.
WIOA is a member of the Water Industry Reference Committee (WIRC) and has been actively involved in the review and development of the Water Training Package.
WIOA regularly produces two publications. These are a twice yearly journal WaterWorks and a quarterly newsletter Operator. In addition, Members receive a monthly e-news Words designed to keep everyone up to speed with water industry and Association news and developments.